Welch Allyn MacroView Otoscope Demo Video
examining the ear is one of the primary
methods used for diagnosing patient
complaints for the entire ear nose
throat complex the otoscope helps you
view the ear canal and the tympanic
membrane with clarity the basic steps
are the same for any otoscope
but we’ll be showing you how to use our
Welch Allen macro view otoscope which
allows you to see three times the area
of the ear canal in tympanic membrane
within a traditional scope in a single
view there are two common ways to hold
otoscope and it’s all a matter of
preference some clinicians choose to
hold the otoscope like a hammer gripping
the power handle between your thumb and
forefinger close to the light source for
more control some clinicians choose to
hold the otoscope like a pencil between
the thumb and the forefinger with the
older aspect of the hand resting firmly
but gently against the patient’s cheek
with any ear exam you’ll want the
patient to sit down and slightly tilt
their head away from you to obtain
easier access to their ear turn the
scope on at full intensity align the
green marks on the focus wheel to ensure
you’re operating at the default position
attach a new disposable ear tip or
speculum it’s best practice to examine
the healthy ear first this allows you to
see the patient’s normal ear anatomy and
compare to the other ear while helping
to prevent the spread of infection
straighten the outer ear canal to make
insertion of the speculum easier guide
the otoscope into the patient’s ear to
view the canal in tympanic membrane
adjust the focus wheel during the
examination if necessary with the basic
otoscope may need to pan around more to
get a complete view after the
examination the used disposable speculum
should be removed and discarded twist
the speculum off by hand or rotate the
macro view tip grip to eject the
speculum the insulator bulb can be used
to help determine if there is fluid
behind the eardrum which can be a sign
of infection using well challenged soft
seal tips can help provide a better seal
against the ear canal wall making it
easier to see movement of the tympanic
use the insulator bulb to gently puff
air at the thin membrane
- 100% Forever Guarantee Covers ANY Issue for as long as you own our otoscope.- No need to contact Amazon just come to us with any issue or problem and we will make it right even if it is 10 years from now or refund your money. Only home use otoscope company with a 20-year history. Dr Mom was the first home-use otoscope on the market!
- Removable LARGE Optical quality scratch resistant GLASS Lens with optimal focal length and magnification.
- Weblink with 30 high-resolution photos of eardrum pathology and use instructions written by an ER physician.
- NOW Soft Warm White LED light for true tissue color. NOT the older more harsh Bright White LED Spectrum with the slight bluish tint found in the older LED's that were first seen in the marketplace. ** Our otoscope also uses standard disposable specula including Welch Allyn type. Large and small type for use in adults and children.
- The LED advantage with a soft warm white light spectrum like an incandescent halogen but without the FRAGILE filament of incandescent halogen. Our LED module built on a computer circuit board should never need replacement plus it has the advantage of very low power consumption. A set of batteries can last a year or more with regular use.
If you are looking to buy an otoscope, you should be sure you know what to look for when buying it. It is a good idea to get it tested before you buy because not all otoscopes work the same. You should also get it checked to see how well it is going to fit into your eye. This is especially important if you are not the only person using it because it can be very uncomfortable when the eye is not the right size.
If you are thinking of buying an otoscope for your child then you need to know about the different types. A video otoscope is one that has a video monitor on it and is used for children. It is a good idea to get it checked out to make sure it will work properly for your child. If it does not fit properly then it will not be comfortable and it may not work at all.
You should also look at the size of the otoscope and how easy it is to use. It should be easy to read the screen and be able to see it clearly without looking at the screen. It should be as clear as possible so that your child will be able to get the most out of the otoscope. The otoscope should be easily adjustable for different adults so that they can use it the way they need it.
The best otoscope is the one that is going to be able to use your child the way you need it to. It should be adjustable and comfortable and not too big or too small. It should also be the one that looks great. It should be made to look as good as possible and not just a generic plastic version.
You should also get it checked to make sure that it will fit into the eye correctly. It should fit as well as it can so that there is no way it will fall out. It should also be made to be easy to take in and out of the eye and so that the child can get used to it easily. This will help the child get the most out of the otoscope.
An otoscope is a great tool for your child and should be used properly. It is a good idea to check it out for a price before you buy so that you know what you are getting for your money. You can get it checked out so that you will know how well it will fit into your child’s eye and how comfortable it is for them.
Last update on 2020-10-23 / Disclaimer: as an Amazon Associate a Community Clinic Association team earns from qualifying purchases.