How to stretch your calf muscle and achilles
today’s topic is looking at different
ways of stretching your calf and again
one of the most common ways that we see
people standing on the edge of a steppe
and dropping their feet down over the
edge of the step the only thing is when
you’ve got a free movement like this
your calf is actually contracting to
support your body weight so you’re
trying to stretch a muscle which is
already contracted and it’s not the most
effective way to stretch okay so what we
started doing now is using angle boards
instead where our heel is anchored onto
the earth before so we’re no longer
supporting all that body weight and by
leaning forward we get a nice strong
stretch through the calf but the calf is
able to be completely relaxed because
the heels in contact with the ground
okay really flash looking bored that
we’ve got here and you don’t need it you
only need something with a little bit of
an angle on it you could just chalk your
feet up with a couple of bricks or a
block of wood or something like that
without stretching for our calf time
under tension is key so if we find
something like this where we can stand
on here for about five minutes we’ll get
a really effective stretch the other
thing that we find works really nicely
is to use the sports stretch here and
then the benefit of this is that we can
actually roll into the stretch and come
back off if we want to invoke involve
else allow us a little bit more we can
do it with a slightly bent knee and that
will get a deeper stretch down through
the Achilles and some of the deeper
muscles of the car so the easiest way to
stretch a calf without using equipment
is just to find something with an
upright surface what we want to do here
is wedge a heel into the ground toes
press firmly up against her the upright
surface and all we’re gonna do
leaning forward trying to take our hip
forward to touch the wall and that will
give us a nice stretch again if we want
to stretch lower down into your kilise
or into the soleus region we come back
but this time I take a knee
towards the wall rather than a hip and
you’ll feel that stretch much lower down
- EFFECTIVELY STRETCH FOOT: Safely stretch either foot with the Vive foot rocker. Ergonomically designed, the gentle motion of the foot rocker evenly stretches the foot to relieve pain, improve circulation and reduce fatigue. Additionally, the foot stretcher isolates the lower leg muscles, tendons and ligaments for an effective deep stretch to reduce injuries.
- REDUCE FOOT & HEEL PAIN: Reducing foot pain from plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, ankle strain, arch pain, and other chronic conditions, the foot rocker encourages correct foot posture for effective stretching. Increasing range of motion and flexibility, the safe, even foot stretches also minimize heel, leg and back discomfort.
- ANTI-SLIP ROCKER DESIGN: Nonslip rubber strips along the bottom of the foot rocker ensures the stretcher does not slide when used on any surface. A raised heel plate locks the heel in place while nonslip treads prevent the foot from slipping while in use.
- ERGONOMIC FOOT PLATE: Designed to ensure proper foot posture for safe and effective stretching, the foot stretcher has an angled foot plate with slip-resistant treads. Designed with a mid-foot gap, the foot rocker can also be used for ankle strengthening.
- VIVE LIFETIME GUARANTEE: Money back guarantee. We stand behind our products and ensure your satisfaction.
Calf Stretcher Review
Calf stretching device is extremely affordable and comes in a compact design that will fit in a sports bag. It can be used while jogging, running or even hiking. With a simple strap and a foot, the calf stretcher will give you some of the most amazing results in no time at all. This is one of the most popular products on the market today.
Calf stretchers are made with high-tech materials that are designed to support your arch, heel, and calf muscles during exercise. If you are not already into walking, jogging or running, you really owe it to yourself to get this device.
Walking and jogging is a great way to stay in shape, but it is hard work and time consuming. This new Calf Stretching Stabilizer is designed to give you the results that you are looking for. The straps are ergonomic and have an adjustable fit so that it will fit any size and shape of foot.
You may have heard the term “muscle memory” being used in regards to training. When you do the same exercises over again, you build up a certain muscle memory and you start to feel better about doing them. The same thing goes for the foot rockers.
The calf stretcher will help you strengthen and stretch the calf muscles, which in turn will improve your running and jogging and walking performance. There is no reason why you cannot walk around a park or run faster and have more energy.
Calf stretchers are a great way to get in shape without spending a lot of money. You can get some great results and you won’t have to spend hours sitting at your desk.
If you have been exercising and stretching your calves for a while, then you might want to try a calf stretcher as well. These are designed to give your calf the support it needs to increase in size, strength and flexibility. While these are just two of the many models available, you can find one that will be perfect for you.
Dr. Jacob Rispler / Dr. Dave Miles. Last update on 2021-01-22 / Disclaimer: as an Amazon Associate a Community Clinic Association team earns from qualifying purchases.