Top 3 Treatments For Asthma That Are Not Medication
– Hi folks I’m Bob Schrupp, physical therapist.
– Brad Heineck, physical therapist.
– And we are the most famous physical therapists
on the internet.
– In our own opinion of course, Bob.
– Actually we have a real high opinion of ourselves.
Today we’re gonna talk about the top three treatments
for asthma that are not medication.
What do you think about that, Brad?
– Well I think it’s a wonderful idea.
– All right, if you’re new to our channel,
please take a second to subscribe to us.
We provide videos how to stay healthy, fit,
pain free. – Pain free.
– And we upload every day.
Also, you wanna join us on our social media channels
and our website, bobandbrad.com
because we’re always givin’ somethin’ away.
Just go to the giveaway section.
This week we’re givin’ away some of the ProPoint,
what do you call these?
It’s a myofascial release tool
but it’s really good for workin’ out the knots.
– Right, that kind of a self-massage
and these are kinda nice, so they do stick,
on a smooth surface and you can use that against the wall
for getting those knots, anyways.
– Sure, you can join us on Facebook and it’ll be pinned
to the top of the page, the contest that is.
Or you find the short version of us,
going to Twitter or Instagram or TikTok now.
– A second version.
So asthma is a chronic inflammatory disease of the airways.
25 million people in the United States have it.
Seven million children, so it’s obviously very distressful
when one of your children have it.
– You’ve been doing your homework.
– Well it’s interesting,
my son was originally diagnosed with asthma.
– The one that became a state runner.
– Yeah. (laughing)
So I did not agree with the diagnosis
and we did not put him on medication.
And I think I ended up being right.
So the number one thing,
the number one treatment is the hardest one to do by far.
And that’s the one where you gotta approach food
like it’s medicine.
– And there’s been several studies that have touted
the benefit of a plant based diet for asthma.
So we actually had a guest on.
– And you just thought of the name.
– Yeah, Craig it’s been probably a couple years
since he’s on and he had asthma.
He was workin’ in a cheese factory, eating normal things,
cheese everything else,
everyone else eats. – I forgot that.
– And he went to plant based and his asthma,
which was pretty–
– Severe – Severe.
Changing his life, it went away.
And he became a runner.
– A runner.
Yeah, so I mean, I mean this is all based upon my Bible,
lately, you know.
“How not to Die” by Dr. Michael Greger.
There’s three reasons I really like this book.
Number one, it actually has,
you look at some of the Amazon ratings.
– They had four, or no, 5,949 ratings.
– And 4.8 stars.
So I mean, it’s really well liked.
The other thing is he takes all of the proceeds
from the books, lectures and anything he has to do
with this subject matter and he donates it to charity.
– Oh, really.
– He’s not in it for the money.
– So in three, it’s just been spot on with everything
in my life, like everything we try with my wife
and my children and with me, it’s just worked.
– I mean, lower the blood pressure,
that my wife did by flax seed.
– Boy when it hits home like that, you’re,
you know you got something you can trust.
– But, always a but.
– It’s very difficult to do.
I mean it’s very difficult to,
– Change. – you know switch over.
Well, that’s life in general.
– But you know, when you got severe asthma,
they had one study in here Brad,
that was really amazing to me.
They had a bunch of people that had severe asthmatic
and after six months, like 70% or more better.
After 12 months, 90% better. – Wow.
– And some of them were on like almost,
like most of ’em got off medication that they were on.
– Inhalers, that.
– Yep. – Yep.
SO, I mean it, again this thing is really well researched
and they’ve got excellent references.
– So I would check it out.
Number two, this one’s a little easier.
This one is you wanna try to help reduce the triggers
in your life, the ones that can trigger the asthma.
– You know, you could use an air purifier and RENPHO,
which we really like their company because of two things.
One, they seem like they really make good quality stuff.
– Right yeah, really solid.
We had a, I don’t know how many,
at least a dozen of their products that we used
and looked at and we’re happy
with the quality and the price.
– Yep and they always get good ratings on Amazon too.
Which makes me think that they’re really holding up.
We don’t get paid by RENPHO, we have an affiliate link,
but we don’t get paid for their,
we just like their products, so we always think,
if it’s something that we think you can benefit from,
we’re gonna show it to you.
– We’re gonna help you out.
So, let’s see Brad, do you wanna turn it on
so you can at least see what it looks like here.
This is a hepa filter that high efficiency, particulate air
or something like that, I don’t.
– It pulls out a lot of–
– It pulls out like – 99% of the parts.
And it also it’s got these indicators
of what the air quality is.
– So it’s a different color.
I think when it’s, right now, it’s doing a system check.
– Yeah, true, but you can see the different colors,
like yellow, means it’s average.
I think blue means it’s good.
And red means it’s bad.
And I that does that automatically.
– So I don’t really have any allergies or asthma,
so I relied on my daughter who has allergies.
– And of course she has lots of pets too.
And she said, this worked really well.
In fact, she said a lot of people,
I don’t know if they’re being polite,
but they said that your house
doesn’t smell like pets anymore.
But this particular unit covers a larger area,
like 330 square feet.
– So that’s a pretty large room.
So but what’s interesting, she was telling me about
she had to make sure it was in the lock mode,
because the cats come by and they hit the buttons
and they changed the settings.
– Oh, those felines,
but yeah. – Oh those felines.
So she keeps it in her bedroom, I’m assuming.
– She keeps it in her bedroom.
– Where you’re there for a good part of the day.
– Yeah and I think she actually now has one in the bedroom
and I think she has one in the living room too.
– And it also, the fan adjusts based upon what
your air quality is.
So she says, she’d see one of the cats walk by
and it would actually kick up.
– Oh, really.
– Yeah, it would sense that you know, there’s particles
in the air and so.
– Kinda hurt the cat’s feelings.
– Yeah, right. (laughs)
You walk by a machine
and it’s good that it’s not a stink detector.
– Well kind of is.
– Yeah, I guess so.
– We better, we’re reverting, let’s go on.
– All right, so anyway we’ll put a link down below.
It’s a great unit.
Number three, you just, you do wanna document
and figure out what your triggers are
and you wanna avoid them in life.
‘Cause they’re, it’s like my nephew.
He gets triggered by cats and so he seriously
can’t go to his grandma’s who has lots of cats.
I mean they do, but he stays outside a lot.
– Right, yeah. – To deal with it.
‘Cause he gets such outbreaks of the asthma.
– Oh yeah, I’ve seen it.
– I mean serious.
– Yeah, they’re just, if you’re just touched by
or even get close.
My daughter’s got a little bit of that,
but she’s not severe.
But, you know I was gonna get a cat
when she was a kid and no.
– You did not get a cat?
– Well I thought I’d get a pet, I didn’t want to get a dog
because of other reasons, but anyway that’s another story.
– All right, let’s go over some of the triggers,
the common triggers.
Tobacco smoke obviously for lots of reasons
we don’t want you to smoke, but even second hand smoke.
Dust mites, you wanna make sure
you wash your bedding and linen.
– Yeah, boy that’s come out in the last few years.
– Right, avoid down pillows.
Did you know that?
– Oh really.
– So you’re gonna have to get a SleepOvation Pillow.
– Yeah, I had a down pillows as a kid.
– Did ya?
Didn’t have problems like that back then.
– One thing, thankfully Brad and I don’t have in this area
is outdoor air pollution.
You know, these people that have to watch the air quality
every morning, when they get up and.
Furry pets obviously, strong odors,
perfumes, cleaning agents.
That sets it off for people.
– Exercise induced,
a little bit, – exercise induced
– kind of a different genre, but–
– And cold air, so like if you’re exercising in cold air,
it gets even worse.
Smoke from fireplaces and wood and so.
– I don’t know if that noise is,
can you hear that noise Lonny or is it?
Good it’s actually quiet then.
– Okay, and a last one I might mention is stress.
And you know which is, the key is always problematic
is how do you reduce stress in your life?
If you think about it, it makes you even more stressful.
– Well you gotta relax and breathe
and put life in perspective.
We got another video on that.
– All right.
Well we’ll rely on that Brad.
So all right, Brad and I can fix just about anything.
– Except for,
– A broken heart.
– There you go.
And this is pretty close to the heart, we got the lungs.
– There we go. – Right next door.
– They’re all workin’ together.
- 【LARGE CAPACITY】4L humidifiers with super functional device,works up to 40 hours of humidifying(you don't need to add water frequently).Suit for 25-45 m²/220-450 ft² such as bedroom, living room, nursery room,office and public space.Moisturize your skin/Relieve allergies/Mist your plants.
- 【SUPER QUIET】Ultrasonic humidifiers for bedroom lowers the noise level to 38dB(very suit for baby room) for quiet humidification without disturbing your study, working or sleeping.
- 【SAFE & ENERGY SAVING】Humidifiers cost ONLY 0.03 kWh per day.Low water protection when its lack of liquid.Power-off starts when water used up,You can totally worry the safety.
- 【HUMAN DESIGNE】FAMTOP cool mist humidifier designed with inches large opening on top, it is very convenient for daily refill and clean.360°degree rotating nozzle provides full around humidification with comfortable cool and fresh air. Directs mist to the needed areas automatically.
- [CHRISTMAS PERFECT GIFT]FAMTOP vaporizer is an awesome gift that anyone would be ecstatic to receive when Christmas or New Year!
Humidifier for Asthma Review
If you suffer from asthma, you already know how important a humidifier for asthma is. However, did you know that humidity makes your asthma attacks worse? This article explains why and how you should be using a humidifier for asthma.
The key benefit to having a humidifier for asthma is that you prevent dry air that can cause dryness, itchy skin, dry throat, and the common cold. Dryness is particularly common in the summer when indoor air is heated and taken outside. Also, when you suffer from asthma, you tend to have a lot of mucus and therefore a lot of dry air in your house. A humidistat turns excess moisture into humidity, thereby counteracting the dryness. You can get a Humidifier for Asthma at your local drugstore or hospital.
How do you know what the best humidifier for asthma is? There are several options available, some better than others. For example, if you suffer from extreme asthma symptoms, you may want to consider an ultrasonic humidifier or an ozone generator. These machines will blast air at very high pressure into the room. The best humidifier for asthma will use a combination of high-frequency ultrasonic and Ozone generators. It is best to purchase one that is certified by the American Society of Health Services (ASHS) to ensure safety and effectiveness.
Many people suffering from asthma have difficulty with dry skin and cracked lips. Humidifiers can help alleviate these problems, as well as other symptoms such as coughing, sneezing, watery eyes, and sore throat. Also, some humidifiers will reduce or eliminate other common symptoms such as chest tightness and wheezing. Some humidifiers will boost the immune system and increase blood flow, which will help your lungs stay healthier. This type of humidifier is recommended for people who need to stay in a humid environment most of the time and for those who have experienced shortness of breath due to lung infections or colds.
Another common symptom of asthma is excessive dry air, which makes it very difficult to breathe and causes many sufferers to simply give up. Humidifier manufacturers have realized this problem and have added HEPA filters to most models. This helps trap tiny particles that may be inhaled and cause asthmatic attacks. If you find that your dry air is making it difficult to breathe, you should look for a model that features a humidistat to add humidity to the air. Humidifiers with a humidistat that activate when the room’s temperature gets too low or too high can be the best humidifier for asthma.
If you’re looking for a way to improve your health and ease your symptoms, consider adding a humidifier for asthma to your heating system. Since the disease often occurs during cold, wet winter months, there’s no better way to keep your system operating at optimal efficiency than with a portable humidifier. Air conditioners can also cause dry air due to evaporation, so they’re not recommended for use with a humidifier for asthma. Portable humidifiers are an excellent alternative to a traditional heating system for those suffering from both chronic and seasonal asthma attacks.
Dr. Jacob Rispler / Dr. Dave Miles. Last update on 2021-01-17 / Disclaimer: as an Amazon Associate a Community Clinic Association team earns from qualifying purchases.