Companion 150 Portable Electric Wheelchair Visual Manual
Congratulations on your brand new Companion 150
Here at Out and About Healthcare we believe in empowering people on their journey
to independence with the latest in mobility innovation.
Thank you for joining the Out and About family.
Now that you have your brand new Companion, it’s time to open it.
Lay the box flat on the ground,
Carefully pull the wheelchair from the box.
Remove all the packaging
To unfold your wheelchair, move the armrests up as shown.
Have a firm hold on the footplate and backrest and
pull the chair out until you hear a click.
Move the armrests down
Unfold the backrest by pulling up
your Companions footrest will be wrapped to protect it from scratches
in transit. Remove this packaging before use.
Your Companion has a storage compartment below your seat
this is where you’ll find the battery charger,
and the control panel.
Mount the control panel on the armrest
secure it with the clasp
feed the cable through the clips on the armrest as shown
locate the control panel port at the back of your wheelchair
Plug it in
To charge your wheelchair, connect the cable to the battery box.
Your charger port is located on the control panel of your wheelchair.
Plug in the XLR charger
We do recommend purchasing an outlet surge protector
for your wheelchair.
This will help protect your wheelchair from damage in the event of a sudden surge of power.
Plug the charger into a standard wall outlet.
If the battery indicator shows red
you will need to leave your wheelchair to charge
your Companion Wheelchair is equipped with an Over-Discharge protector
This means when your battery is running low
The wheelchair will cut off the circuit and shut the control panel off
You will need to charge your wheelchair as soon as possible if this occurs
Batteries take approximately 10-12 hours to recharge after a full discharge
If the battery indicator shows green, your battery is fully charged
It is important to keep an eye on your battery indicator, as it is a visual representation of your charge
If you are on green, your battery is well charged
On yellow, start consider charging
On red, you have low charge and you will need to charge your wheelchair
It is recommended you charge your wheelchair overnight after daily use
Your wheelchair is equipped with a number of features
including an adjustable seatbelt
reflective markers, leg guards
and a storage basket
your control panel has a simple layout, including your
‘ON’ and ‘OFF’ buttons, battery and speed indicator
speed increase and decrease buttons and a horn
To activate Free-Wheel mode on your wheelchair, locate the red levers
at the back of the wheelchair
To Free Wheel, push the lever up on both sides
This means you will be able to push your wheelchair manually
To take it off, simply push the lever down on both sides
It is important to note that your wheelchair will not work if you are in Free Wheel mode
Make sure the levers are in the “LOCK” position
before attempting to use your wheelchair
In the event of travel, you may need to remove the batteries
They are located on either side of the seat
To release the battery, press the button while holding the battery grip
pull the battery from the holder
To remount the battery, line the battery bottom with the battery holder
and slide it in
The battery is securely mounted when you hear a click
To lift your footplate, pull the knob and lift it up
This is helpful when getting out of your wheelchair
To put it back in position, simply lower the plate and reinsert the knob
To adjust your backrest, push both buttons simultaneously
and adjust your seat to the desired height
Before folding your wheelchair, we recommend unplugging and detaching the control panel
This helps to avoid getting the cable caught or damaged
To fold your wheelchair, fold the backrest down
Move the armrests up and behind the wheelchair, as shown
Locate the folding release lever at the back of your wheelchair
and pull it together to release the backrest
Pull the seat up towards the backrest to fold
Lay the wheelchair on the ground and pull the armrests back towards the wheels
To stand your wheelchair up, pull the support arm located at the back
Carefully pull your wheelchair back until it is resting securely
If you have any questions with your new wheelchair, be sure to refer to the manual
or contact Out and About Healthcare
- LIGHTWEIGHT & HEAVY DUTY: This Award Winning Portable Power Wheelchair folds in 3 seconds. It’s Heavy Duty, Super Lightweight and Compact - only 13” high when folded, can fit in compact car trunks.Both Armrest raise up and footrest fold up flush for easy entry and exit This top of the line Power Wheelchair With A 400 Lb Weight Capacity And Only Weighs 50 lbs. High Strength Aircraft Quality Aluminum Alloy. Weather-resistant finish, driving the Ranger outside is convenient.
- SIDE BATTERIES: Slide in Dual Side Batteries you can pop out quickly if needed when transporting, makes the chair lighter because 8 lbs matter. Lithium -Ion, Safe, Dry, filled up with the highest quality cells. Provides extra distance up to 20 miles.You could go to Amusement Parks , drive all day long and still have much battery left to use.Of course Airline Approved. Off board charge cord is a bonus allowing you to charge the batteries without the chair as well.
- POWERFUL MOTOR & STURDY: World Class real 250W Brushless Dual motors enormous torque & power and will challenge any road type , climb up steep hills.Ranger D09 with Posi-traction features different terrains are easy and almost effortless.Will smoothly ride through grass, gravel, mud, dirt, snow and even some sandy surface.electromagnetic brake to ensure safety.RANGER D09 includes: 1 x Electric Wheelchair 1 x 360 Degree Joystick 2 x Lithium 1 x Travel Case 1 x Charger 1 x Tool Kit 1 x Storage Bag
- SMALL TURNING RADIUS Only 32 inches- Gets around tight areas easily perfect for indoor use, will fit through any door. its responsive, No dead spots - excellent steering.the ability to go in ALL Directions with the NEW 360 degree Joystick, not only can you drive your Ranger Wheelchair with just one finger, you can also navigate your Ranger Power Chair into tight spaces that require sensitive turning abilities! Literally turns on a dime.Joystick can be operated by a Caregiver with a bracket.
- Fully Assembled: Power Chair is one of a very rare category you need a professional and anytime-ready Customer service, backing you up even when you are overseas. No need to worry about who or where would service. Up on a request, We can send you professional technicians to your house when you need service. Our company mission constitutes that our customers are privileged and will be treated specially. Our Warranty: 3 year for Frame, 2 Year for Motor and Controller, 1 Year for the Batteries
Portable Electric Wheelchair Review
With the ever changing technology and designs available in portable electric wheelchair ranges, know there is something that will work for your unique mobility needs. For example, you might want to have an elevated seating position for long distance trips, an elevated chair to reach high shelves over a rechargeable battery or an extendable battery for trips that happen to be more than short.
To keep your mobility device running smoothly throughout your traveling needs, it’s important to know how much power your battery power source will provide. Some battery power sources do not last as long as others. To help you determine the right battery power source for your mobility device, keep a few important things in mind. First of all, your mobility device’s power source may have to be recharged frequently as well if you travel a lot and you are not able to store it in an area where it can be stored in the car.
If your mobility device has rechargeable batteries, it will require at least four hours to fully recharge. On the other hand, if you go to an area with higher altitudes and higher ambient temperatures, your mobility devices will need rechargeable batteries more frequently during winter time.
Once you have determined your power source, it’s important to learn about your portability needs. Some mobility devices are best suited for indoor and outdoor use. You should also consider whether or not your device will need an outlet at your destination. This may be different than the power source needed for your vehicle.
Remember to compare prices to determine which portability is most affordable for your particular needs. The more features you need, the more expensive the portability option might be.
With mobility devices, affordability is not necessarily a guarantee, but it does play a role in the selection process. With enough research and planning, it is possible to find a reliable portable electric wheelchair.
As always, personal preference and comfort should be the main factors in choosing a mobility device. You can choose from several designs, sizes and models to better fit your needs. Whether you want a manual foldable wheelchair, a battery powered one, a pushchair, an extension table or a wheelchair that fits into your car, there are portable wheelchair models available to meet your needs.
In addition, you can choose a mobility device based on its overall efficiency and portability. Some mobility devices are easier to maneuver and fold when they need to be transported. Others have a wheel liftable roof that makes it easy to get your mobility device up and down the steps.
Once you have decided which mobility device is right for your needs, it’s important to select a quality brand that will last for years. As with any electrical appliance, a used portable electric wheelchair will offer less warranty and not offer the same support that a new model will.
Foldable Electric Wheelchair
If you have difficulty moving around due to limited mobility, a foldable electric wheelchair might be the best option for you. A foldable electric wheelchair is also the most convenient because it can be folded up for easy transportation. This means you can easily take your wheelchair with you whether you plan to go out to the city or take an airline flight. Some foldable electric wheelchairs even collapse down into smaller devices, so it’s important to always check how easy each unit is to fold and open up again.
Folding electric wheelchairs can be great investments if they are properly maintained. Just like any other portable chair, your mobility is greatly reduced when it becomes malfunctioned and you need a repair. The manufacturer of the foldable electric wheelchairs should make sure that their product is very easy to use and provides the maximum amount of comfort. It’s also a good idea to ask questions from the store attendants so you know when to ask for a replacement.
One of the most common problems that people experience with folding wheelchairs is slow and improper turning speeds. Most people with limited mobility are unable to perform simple turning maneuvers such as turning in the center of a circle, because they do not have enough strength or stability to turn at a full speed. Because of this, most of the time a higher top speed is necessary for the mobility device to turn properly. An electric wheelchair with a foldable top speed can improve the turning performance of the wheelchair and allow for much faster turns. So make sure to ask about the maximum top speed your mobility aid can support while you’re shopping for a foldable electric wheelchair.